8-week Experiential Course
- Eight 3-hour training sessions and one half-day retreat
- Guided exercises and instruction in mindfulness and self-compassion
- Home practice exercises to promote integration of MSC in daily life
- Personal support/guidance
- Participant handbook
- Guided Audio
- Continuing Education Credit (APA 24.0 CE credit, BRN 28.75 CE credit)
After participating in this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the theory and research supporting mindful self-compassion
- Develop and apply self-compassion practices to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than self-criticism
- Assess and manage difficult situations and emotions with greater moment-to-moment acceptance
- Develop and apply self-compassion practices to respond to feelings of failure or inadequacy with self-kindness
- Transform difficult relationships, old and new, through self-validation
- Utilize the art of savoring and self-appreciation to overcome negative attention bias
- Apply core mindfulness and self-compassion practices into daily life
- Demonstrate simple self-compassion practices to patients, students, or clients
Refund policy: We do not provide refunds. If you notify us at least 30 days prior to the start of your course, we are happy to transfer your registration to a future course. We offer one transfer per student.
Psychologists: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This course offers 24.0 CE credit.
California licensed MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. 24.0 CE credit may be applied to your license renewal through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. For those licensed outside California, please check with your local licensing board to determine if CE credit is accepted.
Nurses: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16351, for 28.75 CE credit.
With CE ($80), Without CE